Buildings & Contents Insurance (Residential)

Buildings (Home) insurance will cover your home from such events as fire, flood and subsidence.

Maintaining buildings insurance is likely to be one of the conditions imposed by your lender.

It generally covers the bricks and mortar of your home along with any fixtures and fittings within the property, and contents insurance protects the removable possessions within your home.

As soon as you buy a house and exchange contracts, you become legally bound and responsible for the property.

It is therefore essential that you ensure you have buildings insurance in place from the exchange of contracts to protect you from potential disasters out of your control.

Along with fires and floods, a good buildings insurance policy will protect your home against storm damage, subsidence, burst pipes and vandalism. Failure to have cover in place could result in you having to pay out thousands for repairs or even being left homeless.

Our expert advisers will talk to you about the level of cover you require, including any valuable items, bikes etc., and will be able to find you the most appropriate cover available for your circumstances.

Landlords Insurance – ‘Protect Your Investment’

Landlord Buildings ONLY insurance – Typically provides cover for loss or damage caused to the building itself and could provide a pay-out if your property is damaged due to fire or flood, for example.

Landlords Buildings & Contents Insurance – Typically for properties that are let on a fully furnished basis.

Some Landlords Insurances also provide or offer an upgrade to cover malicious damage caused by tenants, loss of rent and alternative accommodation expenses for your tenant if the property is uninhabitable due to an insured event.